Presenting with Laptops
Presenting with the VIA Application
NOTE: The VIA Application is only available for download on Windows and MacOS machines. Chromebook and Linux users should present from a Chrome-based browser.
- After you have successfully logged in, a new menu will appear.
- If your computer has more than one display, select which display you want to present before you click present.
- Click on the present button in the center of the menu to wirelessly present your device’s main display.
- While presenting, you can:
- Pause your presentation by clicking the pause button.
- Prevent another user from presenting by clicking the do not disturb button.
TO STOP PRESENTING:
4. Stop presenting by clicking the center stop presenting button.
5. Once you have finished using the application, close the app by clicking the “X” in the top right corner of the menu.
Presenting with the Browser Application
1. In a Chromium-based browser (ie: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.), navigate to the room name URL provided on the screen in the classroom (ex: cabellb35.wp.vcu.edu) You should see a blue screen with the options Join through Browser, Run VIA, and Install VIA.
2. Select the "Join through Browser"option.
3. After selecting "Join through Browser", you will be taken to another webpage that looks like the one to the right. The "room name" field should automatically be populated. If not, enter the room name URL provided on the screen in the classroom.
4. Use your VCU eID as your user name. Then select login.
5. When the room code prompt appears, enter the 4 digit code provided under the room name on the splash screen display.
6. click login to connect.
1. After you have successfully logged in, a new screen will display features listed on the left and participants listed to the right.
2. When ready to begin presenting, click on the green "present" button in the center of the screen.
3. Select the content you want to present from the 3 available options:
Entire Screen: Will present the entire screen.
Application Window: Will only present a single application window. If the presenter opens or switched to another application or window, the presented window will remain presented.
Chrome Tab + Audio: Select which tab within Chrome to present. If audio is playing on this tab, it will be transmitted through the system.
4. While presenting, you can pause your presentation by clicking the pause button.
TO STOP PRESENTING:
1. Stop presenting by clicking the center red stop presenting button.
2. Once you have finished using the application, be sure to log out of the session by clicking on the logout button in the upper right corner of the website.